Janeu Dharana Sanskar – Health and Scientific Importance
Out of the Twenty Four sacraments of Hinduism, the Janeu is under the ‘Upanayana Sanskar’, which is also known as ‘Yajnopaveet Sanskar’. Ayushyamagriam Pratimuncha Shubhram, Yajnopavitam Balamastu Tej: AnJaneu is also known by other names, such as Upvita, Yajnasutra, Vratabandha, Balbandh, Monibandha, Brahmasutra, etc. The tradition of Janeu Sanskar (Janeu dharana) has been going on since the Vedic period, which is also called Upanayana rite.
“To pass or take near.” with whom? To bring to Brahman (God) and knowledge. One of the 16 rites of Sanatan Hinduism, the Janeu is worn only under the ‘Upanayana Samskara’, also known as the ‘Yajnopaveet Sanskar’. Mundan and bathing in holy water are also important in this ritual.
What is the religious and scientific importance of Janeu as well as its health benefits: –
Identification of Sanatan Dharma: The duty of every Hindu in Hinduism is to wear Janeu and follow its rules. Only after wearing the Janeu, the Dwij child gets the right to perform the yajna and self-study. Dwij means second birth.
What is Janeu?
Janeu is called ‘Yajnopaveet’ in Sanskrit language. It is a sacred thread made of three threaded thread, which the person wears above the left shoulder and below the right arm. Janeu is put around the throat in such a way so that it stays above the left shoulder. The Janeu has three sutras – symbols of Trimurti Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh – symbols of Devaruna, Pitruruna and Rishiruna – symbols of Sattva, Raz and Tama. Also, these three sutras symbolize the three stages of Gayatri Mantra and the three ashrams. Each chord of Janeu has three strings. Therefore, the total number of stars is nine. These include a mouth, two nostrils, two eyes, two ears, two stools and two urine. They mean – we speak and eat well from the mouth, look good with eyes and listen well with ears. Five knots are placed in Janeu which symbolizes Brahma, Dharma, Ardha, Kama and Moksha. It is also the symbol of the five yajnas, the five gyanadris and the five deeds.
Length of Janeu:
The length of Janeu is 96 fingers because one who holds Janeu should try to learn 64 arts and 32 disciplines. The 32 disciplines consist of four Vedas, four Upvedas, six Angas, six Darshans, three Sutras, and nine Aranyakas. 64 arts include architectural construction, cuisine, painting, literature art, handcraft, language, machine making, sewing, embroidery, weaving, handcrafting, jewelery making, agricultural knowledge etc.
At the time of wearing Janeu, there is a punishment in the hand of the child. During this time, he wears the same cloth without sew and has a yellow scarf around his neck. The crest is placed after the shaving. The leg is erect. Mekhala, Kopin, Dand: A sutcha like pulse tied in the waist is called Mekhala. Mekhala is also called Munj and Kardhani. The Thread to be worn is stitched by a long piece of cloth made up of velvet. Kopin is a 4 and a half foot long loincloth. It can also be kept by brazing it with a velvet. A roll like lathi or Brahman dandha can also be kept in punishments. Yajnopaveet is colored in yellow color.
Wearing unstitched clothes, wearing a pen in hand, wearing kopin and yellow dupatta is worn by law. There is a yagna for wearing the Janeu, in which the Janeu holder participates with his entire family. The Janeu cremated by yajna is made by special method. It is worn only after Guru Diksha. It is replaced when it is impure.
These rites begin with the Gayatri Mantra: Yajnopaveet rites begin with the Gayatri Mantra. Yajnopaveet has three strings,
Gayatri has three stages.
‘Tatsviturvarnayan’ first stage, ‘Bhargodevasya Dheemahi’ second stage, ‘Dhio yo na: Prachodayat’
The third stage.
Statue of Gayatri Mahamantra – Yajnopaveet, which consists of three vyavrittis including 9 words, three steps. With this mantra do the sacrificial rituals of Yajnopavita: Yajnopavitam Param Parmam Prajapataryatshajam Purastata. Ayushyamagra Pratimuncha Shubram Yajnopavitam Balamastu Tej:
Before starting the sacrificial ritual, the yagnopavit is shaved. On the day of Sanskrit Muhurat, after bathing the boy, apply sandalwood saffron on his head and body and wear Brahmachari by wearing Janeu. Then do Havan. Worshiping the Ganeshadi deities in a formal manner, the Yagvedi and the child are seated garlanded with lingerie. After this, ten times he is invoked with the Gayatri Mantra, with the call of the Gods, he is promised scripture education and observance of fasts. The Guru recites the mantra that from today onwards you have become a Brahmin, that is, one who believes in Brahm (one who believes only God). After this, the mrigacharm is covered with a kandora of Munj (Mekhala) and gives a punishment in hand.
Age of wearing Janeu:
In the eighth year of the day when you conceive, the child should be performed Upanayan. Should be started only after wearing Janeu, but nowadays after the end of guru tradition most people do not wear Janeu, then they are worn Janeu before marriage. Because he does not understand the importance of Janeu. For Brahamanas it is necessary to wear Janeu before performing any religious work, worship, prayer etc.
Rules of wearing
1. During stool-urinary excretion, the Janeu should be mounted on the right ear and removed by cleaning hands. Its basic sense is that the Janeu rises above the waist and is not impure. This is very important.
2. If any wire of wire is broken or it is more than 6 months, then it should be replaced. Do not keep a fragmented statue on the body. It is advisable to replace the thread if it starts to become raw and dirty.
3. There is a tradition in the house to replace it after the thread of birth and death. Women who do not have small children in their arms, can also handle Janeu; But they have to replace it every month after monthly defecation.
4. The wearer is not allowed to to take the Janeu out of the body. To clean it, it is worn while rolling in a gorge and washed. If you forgot to cleat the Janeu then the person has to chant the mantra on a garlands.
5. The child should perform the sacrificial rituals only when he is able to follow these rules.
Scientific importance of Janeu
1. Wearing Janeu in the event of bad dreams again and again does not cause such dreams.
2. It reduces the chance of heart disease by passing through the heart of Janeu, as it helps in circulation of blood.
3. The person wearing the thread is bound by the cleaning rules. This cleansing protects him from diseases of teeth, mouth, stomach, worms, and bacteria.
4. Wearing Janeu on the right ear suppresses the vein of the ear, which causes a sleeping sleepiness of the brain.
5. The vein of the right ear is attached to the testicles and the secretions. By wrapping the thread during urinary excretion on the right ear will protect the sperm.
6. By wrapping the threads in the ear, there is awakening of the sun pulse in humans.
7. Wrapping Janeu on the ear also prevents stomach problems and blood pressure problems.
8. By wearing Janeu, the electric current line is controlled, which makes it easier to control the work-anger.
9. One feels purity from Janeu. Thus it keeps the mind away from evil deeds.
10. Janeu protects the human from so many diseases such as constipation, acidity, stomach related disease, it controls the blood pressure, etc.